First things first: I want to go to Italy. Spring break, perhaps? (That is, if I have moneyz.)
Secondly, Italian Style Monkey Bread!
I used to make only savory monkey breads, and that was purely because I didn’t know sweet ones existed. Yeah, didn’t know that was a thing. But now that I do, I usually make just the cinnamon-y one. So, to change it up a bit, I tried this recipe to accompany dinner!
I tend to like the bread a little cheesier, so I kind of guessed on the amount of Parmesan to add. You can add more or less; it’s not a big deal :) Enjoy!
Italian Style Monkey Bread
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Quarter biscuits with a knife, pair of scissors, or pizza cutter. Mix the Italian seasoning and Parmesan in a medium sized bowl. Dip the biscuits into butter, then roll in seasoning & cheese mixture. Stack the biscuits into a bundt pan or a pie pan. Pour the remaining butter on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese and seasoning.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pull apart to eat. Serve with marinara dipping sauce.
Mmm it was so yummy and fluffy and heavenly! We finished the entire thing at dinner! Next time, I might add different types of cheese in addition to Parmesan; perhaps Mozzarella would be a good addition.
MUST. TRY. MORE. VARIATIONS.